If your existing medical doctor will only prescribe a CPAP you are at a dead end for treatment.
Dr. Nugent can help you work with Medical Doctors that are current with all the treatment options for sleep apnea.
Another option is to have you start the sleep apnea screening process over with Dr. Nugent and his medical doctors who are current with oral appliance therapy protocols. Our office can help you get around your Medical Doctor’s lack of cooperation. We have set up a work flow that partners with Board Certified Sleep Physicians that understand the important role dentists play in making mandibular advancement devices when appropriate.
1. To move forward with our workflow, a CBCT 3D x-ray taken here at the office. This advanced image will be read by a Radiologist. The report will have detailed information airway, sinuses, nasal septum and jaw joints. The CBCT is important to rule out obstructions in the nose, sinus and airway.
2. We will get you set up for a Home Sleep Test. A medical company will send you the easy to use equipment with instructions on how to properly wear the equipment. In your own house, in your own bed, you will sleep with the equipment. You will do this for two days. Then simply put the equipment back in the pre-paid shipping box and send the equipment back. A board-certified sleep physician will analyze your sleep study. A diagnosis and recommendation of treatment will be given by the medical doctor. If oral appliance therapy is appropriate, the medical doctor will give Dr. Nugent all the paperwork necessary.
3. Dr. Nugent will receive the reports from the Radiologist and Sleep Physician. Dr. Nugent will review the reports.
4. You will come in for a consultation and Dr. Nugent will review your results. If you have a diagnosis of Mild to Moderate Sleep Apnea and the Medical Doctor recommends an oral appliance for the treatment of sleep apnea, then we can start the impressions and exam for the oral device.
4. The sleep apnea oral device is delivered.
5. The oral appliance is titrated. Once a comfortable position is found, you will repeat the Home Sleep Study to verify the sleep apnea oral device is helping.
6. You will be seen for a one month follow up, then a 6 month follow up. Yearly follow ups will be scheduled. Change appliance every 5 years.